Kazunori Yamauchi Video Interview
The creator of the Gran Turismo series sits down to discuss GT4 and his hopes for the sequel in our video interview.
Kazunori Yamauchi, for those of you who don't know, is the president of SCEI's Polyphony Digital studio, and the legend behind the Gran Turismo racing series. Renowned for devising the absolute pinnacle of simulation racing, Kazunori and his team are now working hard on their last major PS2 game, and one that looks damn fine too - Gran Turismo 4.
In our video interview, Kaz discusses a number of topics on a comfy sofa in Los Angeles, including the following:
- Why he started GT, and which titles inspired him.
- Extensive discussion regarding car damage in Gran Turismo 4 - what it is likely to entail along with some technical explanation.
- Online gaming - what form will online take in GT4? What's the deal with latency in network play?
- Kazunori's other ideas for what might be included in GT4
- The possibility of commercial uses for Gran Turismo, given it's so realistic...
- And is this his last PS2 title? Hmmm.
This full power video feature will satisfy any fan of the Gran Turismo series with some exciting new information, plus an insight into the legend that is Kaz - plus we've included some of our direct feed GT4 footage - because we can. Enjoy!
Editorial Director, Kikizo Games
(See Latest Videos & Video FAQ Here)
|PLEASE DO NOT DIRECT LINK TO ANY MEDIA FILE ON KIKIZO|
Kazunori Yamauchi Video Interview (320x240)
The full video interview, edited and translated with game clips.
Kazunori Yamauchi Video Interview (240x180)
As above, lower resolution for easier download.