Peter Moore Video Interview Oct 2006
Xbox boss talks to Kikizo in this extensive new interview and exclusive, 25-minute video feature.
As the busy month of September came to a close, it was tough to keep up with all the new games, announcements and rumours doing the rounds - not to mention all the travelling. Microsoft's Peter Moore was busier than anyone - making a stop in India for its own launch of Xbox 360, in between attending the Tokyo Game Show and most recently, X06 in Barcelona, which is where he rushed straight over to Kikizo to offer this extensive new video interview.
You know the drill by now - Peter's the affable big cheese of Xbox these days; we're the ones who ask all the questions that keep us awake at night and then put it all into as painfully concise a video experience as possible, so that it looks nice and so that people can't pretend they said something different.
We'd like to try asking Peter more serious questions, like whenever we've interviewed J Allard, Robbie Bach, Kaz Hirai or Satoru Iwata, but somehow whenever you get Peter Moore in a room everyone just starts laughing around and making jokes and it makes you feel silly if you ask things people might actually want to know answers to. Never fear! We risk ridicule to get to the bottom of things! Resulting in another must-see video feature on Kikizo today.
Here's what's on the agenda in the jumbo-sized feature:
- Sorry about BC hassle after last interview (but he said it)
- Native 1080p in the fall software update
- Not fundamental part of strategy to proliferate HD-DVD
- Staggered Euro release of drive - can't stop importers
- Achieving great price for drive bundle in all territories
- How long until consumers choose winning movie format
- NO GAMES ON HD-DVD, EVER -- we get bitchslapped.
- Many PS3 exclusive titles being timed-only or turning out to be dual launch. More titles on the way? (We know there are)
- Favourite announcements of the X06 event
- GTA4 - difficult to get into detail but "as the details unfold, you'll find this announcement will be right up there"
- Too much to talk about - would like to have included...
- Hate to get between you and drinking
Games & Announcements
- Performance of Sakaguchi's titles in Japan and west
- We didn't plan to show Lost Odyssey at X06...
- Risk of Japanese titles launching in west
- Unique appeal of both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey
- "Pained and pleasantly surprised" at TGS booth crowds
- Reaction to TGS by Japan division
- Japanese developer support update
- Why the Japanese market respects Microsoft
- Ensemble - best RTS studio in world
- Halo universe perfect for an RTS
- Optimising IP and dev resources for projects like Halo Wars
- Consumers who'll love Halo Wars separately to Halo 1-3
- Xbox Live Arcade update
- Popularity of Arcade won't overtake boxed titles
- Trojan horse "greatest business story that never happened?"
- What was Peter Jackson on about, exactly?
- What Bungie and Jackson have done together to date
- Live Anywhere focus and technical challenges
- Keeping up with advances in mobile technology for Anywhere
- Web browsing on 360 - PS3 and Wii can do it, when will 360?
- Immersion! We extract what we can relating to Rumblegate...
- New ways to input controls - Microsoft Research working on new ways to interact with devices. New Xbox controllers?
Enjoy this video. We'll be following up with a separate interview with Xbox's European boss, Chris Lewis, shortly.
(See Latest Videos & Video FAQ Here)
|PLEASE DO NOT DIRECT LINK TO ANY MEDIA FILE ON KIKIZO|
Peter Moore Interview
Extensive interview with Xbox boss
|24:22||217MB||CAM, ED, 16:9
Peter Moore Interview
As above - normal quality version (Stream)
|24:22||60MB||CAM, SD, 16:9
Chris Lewis Interview
Xbox EMEA boss exclusive feature
|14:46||148MB||CAM, ED, 16:9