Sudeki: Video Interview with Climax
The Xbox RPG you've been waiting for is nearly here. Check out this must-see video interview feature with Climax Studios, including hot new footage.
It's no secret that the Xbox has been a bit of a blankshooter when it comes to role playing games, but that's all about to change with a range of RPGs headed to the format - including this tremendous firstparty effort from Climax Studios.
Sudeki offers cinematic-style, real-time combat, dozens of moves, slow-motion bullet time techniques, earthshaking spells and hundreds of destructive melees and ranged weapons. You'll battle against more than 65 enemies as a team of four heroes who build and grow throughout a sprawling, detailed game world.
Sudeki is looking damn hot, so it's just as well we're on the scene to bring you this latest video interview with Tuomas Pirenen, lead designer on the game at Climax Studios. Tuomas, originally from Helsinki, Finland, manages the team and maintains the design direction of the project. He's a fanatic player of all kinds of games and an expert on the depth and detail a huge RPG like Sudeki requires.
We go in depth to bring you the scoop on all this stuff:
- Sort of introduction from Ed Fries! (We miss you!)
- How the Sudeki project got started and how Microsoft got involved.
- Where did inspiration for Sudeki's character designs come from?
- How dynamic are the characters, do they develop with the story?
- What's the deal with the real-time combat, is it better than turns?
- What is the purpose of the bullet time stuff?
- The deeper RPG elements on offer in Sudeki.
- Where did the game's sense of humour come from?
- The story behind the Dark world and the Light world.
- Framerate - will it get past the 30 mark?
- How will Sudeki square up against other RPGs headed to Xbox?
- Will Sudeki win any gamers over in Japan?
Download our video interview now to see lots of exclusive new footage, concept artwork and the full, extensive interview... and stay tuned for more on Sudeki as we approach its anticipated June release date.
Editorial Director, Kikizo
(See Latest Videos & Video FAQ Here)
|PLEASE DO NOT DIRECT LINK TO ANY MEDIA FILE ON KIKIZO|
Sudeki Video Interview
Full and extensive video interview with Climax Studios' Tuomas Pirenen, with all-new footage and cool stuff included for the princely sum of FREE. (320x250, 500kbps)
Sudeki Video Interview
As above, smaller filesize version (240x180, 250kbps)