SingStar Goes Back to the '80s
We're almost embarrassed to admit we're quite looking forward to this. Almost.
Everybody knows that the '80s had the best pop music and to remind you of this fact Sony has drawn inspiration from the decade of pastel suits, excessive rouge and hairstyles run amuck for its latest karaoke-'em-up, SingStar 80s.
The basic mechanics are the same as in previous SingStar games - you use the supplied USB microphones to follow onscreen cues, trying to sing in key to the amusement of everyone in the room. But this time you'll be doing that to some of the best tunes by flamboyant artists you didn't even know you loved.
The 30-strong track list is sure to transport you back to a time where shame was just a theory. Standout acts include Wham!, The Cure, Culture Club and Erasure.
SingStar 80s will be out only on PlayStation 2 "just in time to kick start your party season", according to Sony, which we presume is code for this Christmas.
A partial track list for SingStar 80s is below:
- Belinda Carlisle: Heaven Is A Place On Earth
- Billy Joel: Uptown Girl
- Blondie: Atomic
- Culture Club: Karma Chameleon
- Dexy's Midnight Runners: Come On Eileen
- Erasure: A Little Respect
- Europe: The Final Countdown
- Foreigner: I Want To Know What Love Is
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood: Power Of Love
- Kate Bush: Running Up That Hill
- Katrina And The Waves: Walking On Sunshine
- Nena: 99 Red Balloons
- Pretenders: Brass In Pocket
- Simple Minds: Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Soft Cell: Tainted Love
- Starship: We Built This City
- The Cure: Just Like Heaven
- Vanilla Ice: Ice Ice Baby
- Wham!: Wake Me Up Before You Go, Go!
Editor, Kikizo Games