Yuji Naka Video Interview
The President of Sega's Sonic Team speaks out about Sonic Heroes, Billy Hatcher, racing games, Sony PSP and Nokia's N-Gage. A video feature not to be missed.
We recently had the opportunity to catch up with Sonic's creator Yuji Naka, and discuss his new titles, Sonic Heroes and Billy Hatcher, as well as loads of other stuff.
In this fully edited video feature, digitally mastered with 5.1 surround sound*, see the complete translated interview, with clips and stuff mixed in. Included on the agenda is the following:
- Billy Hatcher at the Giant Egg - how it actually started life as a four player fighting game! Plus, find out more about the game and if it's truly a GameCube exclusive.
- Sonic Heroes - the inside story, and what connection it has to the Sonic Adventure series. Plus lots of game details, and why Sonic is still around.
- Naka's involvement in real-life racing in Japan, and how he may develop a racing game based on his experiences.
- Naka's opinion on the number of original titles and sequels coming to market.
- His involvement with Sega in general, and his specific development role, now and ten years ago.
- What he expects from Sony's PSP, and thoughts on the Nokia N-Gage and it's price.
- The possibility of a NiGHTS sequel and why it hasn't happened yet.
We must remind you that Naka's comments about Sega hardware are not what they seem - read the explanation here to avoid any confusion.
* This is not strictly true.
(See Latest Videos & Video FAQ Here)
|PLEASE DO NOT DIRECT LINK TO ANY MEDIA FILE ON KIKIZO|
Yuji Naka Video Interview (320x240)
The full video interview, edited and translated with game clips for good measure.
Yuji Naka Video Interview (240x180)
As above, lower resolution for easier download.