Jason Rubin Video Interview
The creator of Jak & Daxter and Crash Bandicoot speaks in a 35 minute video interview - including gossip and details not to be missed.
Jason Rubin is the President of Naughty Dog, the development company that brought you Crash Bandicoot on the PlayStation and Jak & Daxter on PS2. Jason and his team are putting the finishing touches to Jak 2: Renegade, which is shaping up to be a benchmark character-action platformer.
An industry visionary, Jason sat down with us for an exclusive 35 minute video interview that covered the following...
- How he started in the games industry with partner Andy Gavin at high school and made games as a teenager
- How he saved a complete stranger's life with the creation of a videogame
- How his girlfriend (who was present) feels about his success!
- The appointment of Yasahara-san, the Sonic level design genius, at Naughty Dog - plus some highly juicy details about what went down at Sega before he joined. Conflicts slightly with our recent Naka interview...
- Why he opted to sell Naughty Dog to Sony, as opposed to just the Jak franchise.
- What excites him about Jak 2 - and what makes it something really new and different.
- The deal with playable Daxter and Dark Jak.
- What's better out of Jak 2 and Ratchet 2?
- Where he thinks the games industry is going, what will and won't revolutionise games.
This extensive and interesting video interview can be downloaded, or streamed at two different speeds or downloaded. So what are you waiting for? Enjoy.
Editorial Director, Kikizo Games
(See Latest Videos & Video FAQ Here)
|PLEASE DO NOT DIRECT LINK TO ANY MEDIA FILE ON KIKIZO|
Jason Rubin Video Interview (320x240, high bandwidth)
The full video interview, with game clips.
Jason Rubin Video Interview (240x180, low bandwidth)
As above for low bandwidth